The Biggest Threats to Your San Diego Plumbing
Plumbing problems rank as some of the most potent nightmares for homeowners, yet the way they treat their plumbing systems is often at the root of these problems. Here, we look at the biggest threats to your San Diego plumbing system.
- Clogged Drains – There is really nobody else to blame when it comes to clogged drains. Drains are meant to handle water, and little else. Avoid washing chunks of food or waste (other than the human kind) down the drain and you can avoid the issues associated with clogged drains.
- Water Heater – Without maintenance, it’s just a matter of time before your water heater starts to cause problems in your home. Sediment flowing from municipal water sources can collect inside the water heater and eventually compromise its function, leading to serious leaks.
- Old Pipes – Outdated plumbing systems tend to break under duress, such as fluctuations in temperature. On the other hand, copper piping responds elegantly to changing conditions and can handle years of use. If you’re tired of burst pipes in the winter, think about replacing your pipes.
- Hard Water – That sediment that we mentioned earlier can wreak havoc all over your plumbing system. Excessive minerals in the water are best treated before they enter the home. We can help you treat hard water to maximize the life of your entire plumbing system.
- Garbage Disposal Malfunction – A broken garbage disposal can quickly become a much larger mess in your kitchen. There is quite a bit you can do to give your disposal a fighting chance, including proper use. When things go south, repair or replacement is best handled by a professional.
Whatever your plumbing issues, we can help you handle the emergencies and set your system up for years of care-free use. Give us a call to get a free estimate or setup a service visit today. Many homeowners don’t realize that the actions you take today can translate into years of life for your plumbing.